Since becoming aware of GMOs and all the "rubbish" that producers throw in our foods, I've been trying to home-made all kinds of food. One of my more successful attempts are making aioli - and its much better than any brand name, even if I have to say so myself.
Basically, most recipes I've seen are pretty much the same.
You will need:
- 2 egg yolks
- 30 ml white wine vinegar
- 5 ml salt & pepper
- 1 garlic
- 5 ml Dijon mustard
- half a lemon
- 250 ml olive oil (some split this in olive and vegetable oil, others in olive and nut oil - depending on how much you like olive oil and the possible "bitterness", you can improvise as you like)
- Start by crushing the garlic, salt & pepper into a paste.
- Throw this paste together with the 2 egg yolks, the Dijon mustard and the white wine vinegar in a bowl or food processor
- Process / whisk together.
- Then slowly pour the oil in the mixture while whisking / processing.
- Add the half lemon juice (or part of it) according to your taste and level of tanginess.
And that's it! Your own mayonnaise / aioli. Aioli is apparently mayonnaise with garlic. To me aioli and mayonnaise are one and the same thing - who cooks without garlic :-) (just kidding).
Enjoy your own - its more tastier and healthier.
- Created on .
- Hits: 341